Sydney Metro – Northwest
Summary: The project involved the construction of the Sydney Metro train line from Chatswood to Schofields and a train stabling facility at Schofields.
Client: CPB / John Holland JV
Duration: Jan 2016 – March 2019
Scope of Works:
SMTF – Train Stabling Facility
Supply plant, labour and supervision to construct:
- 1050mm diameter trunk drainage line to 6.5m deep in rock within the train stabling yard
- 10km of road and car park drainage (375-1050) within stabling yard
- Combined Service Route (CSR) within the rail stabling yard including the installation of up to 60 conduits in trench profiles encased with flowable fill
- Street lighting route and 150 light pole foundations
- Construct 500m of 300mm UPVC concrete encased sewer carrier along Carrington Road, including 1200mm diameter manholes to 5m deep in rock. Civil & Tunnel completed a portion of this work during a 48-hour time critical possession to accommodate local traffic flow.
- Construct 3km of road and car park drainage to RMS standards during construction of the multi storey carpark and station
- Excavate 2 launch shafts for twin 1500mm diameter stormwater drainage diversions. The shafts were 6.5m x 4m deep and 8.5m x 4m deep.
- Construct twin 600mm RCP stormwater drainage lines into the on-site detention tank
Bella Vista Station
- Install drainage and CSR route to the base of the station box at Bella Vista Station. The works involved saw cutting 800mm thick reinforced pavement, installation of pipe work and concrete encasement.
- Road and carpark drainage to sections of the station precinct