M5 West Widening
The project involves the upgrade of 22km of motorway from King Georges Rd to the M7 interchange at Prestons.
Client: Lend Lease
Duration: June 2013 - Sept 2014
Scope of Works:
- Civil & Tunnel were contracted by Lend Lease to supply plant, labour and supervision to excavate and install 6km of highway drainage and 10km of ITS route to RMS standards.
- The drainage pipeline and ITS route were constructed in varying ground conditions along the shoulder of the M5 Motorway, which is one of Sydney’s busiest roads with over 100,000 vehicles using the Motorway on a daily basis.
- The drainage pipeline ranges in size from 375mm-1200mm RCP pipes to depths of 3.5m.
- The ITS route consisted of up to 8 conduits in the trench profile, which were concrete encased
- The route was roped and mandrelled and 3 x 32 mm subducts were installed.